One thing I have learned since closing the office and becoming a one-man-band kind of affiliate is that it is hard to keep up! I’m not just talking about having a large number of sites either, the complication is a large number of sites in different languages.
So, this week will be ‘project catch up’ for me and I already got a small headstart with the German version of SNG Planet yesterday… you can see the results from the homepage here” http://www.sitandgoplanet.com/de/ (I will not list all of the URLs, since you can find most of them from the homepage anyway)
Here are some of the key updates done, and a few to be done:
- Best Site for SNGs. The old version had too many choices and included Full Tilt in a few spots. Now only 3 categories to choose from (recreational, new and pros) and 2 choices for each. Hard to get away from Stars these days, with their huge volume… however there are a couple of nice alternatives.
- Poker Edge Review: Is this software fair? Well, some of the major networks are trying to ban it for sure – apparently without much success at the moment. The ‘crime’ this powerful HUD is committing is to pool player data – so you get huge samples of hands on opponents you have never played before…. You can check out the Poker Edge website for more.
- Best Beginners Tournaments: This was not just out of date, it was an embarrassment! Full Tilt is one thing – but Absolute Poker – UGH!! Anyway, most of the tournaments changed around to come up to date… with only the old favorite 180s and $3+R’s staying in the list.
- New To Satellites Guide: This was a translation from the English, It came about to fill a gap which ‘assumed’ all players knew about poker satellites and how they worked… Of course, new players do not know much about these – and need a straightforward article to explain the basics.
- 18 Player SNG Strategy, another translation from a pretty good English article… even if I do say so myself! 18-mans as they are know are getting more and more popular.
Still have several to go… including updates of some of the ‘mains’ and sub-main pages – like I said in the intro this week will focus on clearing the backlog of language articles to go up… Of course, while I am doing this I am sure to find many more which need to be re-written / added, ah well!
GL at the tables, Mark