Wednesday, March 25, 2009

63% More Poker Profit Project - 5% Idea #2 - Never Ever Give Up

Idea number #2 in my 63% series today (10 incremental ways of improving your poker profits by 5% which together can make you 63% richer!).

Again this will seem obvious. Again I will ask you to be honest with yourself about whether you actually do this... not honest with me, I'm not your coach (!) honest with your self.

So, you take a beat in a tournament and get down to 1.5BBs in the mid-stages and just call (or even bet) junk the next hand since you are 'dead' anyway (same could apply to a SNG). You lose a big hand in a cash game and decide to call it a night... your last 4 blinds go into the pot next time you see a picture card or an ace regardless of the situation.... we have all been there right??

Now, if you were to committ right now never to give up in these situations I'd be willing to bet that your overall profits could improve by 5%, the number of times I have come back in SNGs, even making a final table once in an MTT when I carefully nursed 2 blinds for a few hands after being on the wrong end of an all in... in cash games too.

Giving up is a form of tilt and is bad for your bankroll - write it on your monitor now, and remember to write to me next time you win a SNG or cash in an MTT that you could have given up on, this is an easy 5% and not one to be sniffed at either!

Tune in again tomorrow for number #3

Gl at the tables, Mark

No comments: