Sunday, December 07, 2008

Poker And Productivity - The Pendulum Swings

Listened to 2 great internet Radio shows last week aimed at Poker Affiliates. One of them featured a fellow affiliate by the name of Giorgio - from the Netherlands. Do not know him personally though we have IMed once or twice... anyway Giorgio said something that has been gnawing away at me all week as a guest on the show.

Can not recall the exact words used but the gyst was that playing poker was the biggest enemy of the poker affiliate... and in many cases the difference between success and failure.

You know what, he hit the nail on the head.

And that is not all either. I have found myself recently using poker as a 'gap filler' in life instead of the enjoyable pursuit that it once was...

All in all it is time for a break, just a shorty - for the rest of 2008. During this break I'll focus on many of the tasks promised to myself (and readers in some cases!) recently and get a few more small sites up and running so they will add to the bottom line in 2009.

If nothing else I am a man on actions... so this morning I went through the poker sites and withdrew my last $3k or so that is used as my 'float'. The best thing of all is that I stop on a (minor!) high - having taken 2nd of 400-odd in the last tourney I played (shame it was only a $3 entry but hey!!)

Anyway, I'll still be blogging - have far too much to say on far too many subjects (and according to stats too many loyal readers!) to stop now.

GL at the tables, Mark

2 comments:

AllanDuke said...

"playing poker was the biggest enemy of the poker affiliate... and in many cases the difference between success and failure."

Could you elaborate? I dont quite understand

Mark said...

Sure Allan, it is not the poker itself... somehow necessary to understand the game (not to mention the money can be nice!), but the time

If for all the time I spent on the tables I had instead worked on my sites then by now there would have been more quality articles, more sites and more SEO work... all long term 'passive' income.

Poker is a great way to unwind, and is cool as part of a balanced life - but to me when it becomes the 'default' liesure activity then something has to give.

Cheers, Mark