Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back From Vienna

Nice place Vienna, and at less that 3 hours from Budapest I really should have made the effort to go before.

The trip got off to a tired start with a 4:30 am finish in Carbon Poker's monthy $50k freeroll... managed 16th for $500 which is not too bad for free, always disappointing to miss a final table when that deep but then again I was happy with my play in the late stages - with almost 2000 entrants this was a decent result.

Unfortunately the cash lasted less than 24 hours.

Nope, not been playing any more (the idea of the trip was to get away from business + poker!), the lovely Erika found a pair of Prada sunglasses which were apparently 'just perfect'... ah well.

There were a couple of plays in the big freeroll I was not involved in which made me realise that the poker strategy knowledge many of us have is sometimes taken for granted. Will write about two hands tommorrow (will be back in the office) which provide some food for thought. For now I am happy to see that the automated blog updates worked (simply post-dated the posts), no excuses for gaps here at Plant Gong when taking a break!

Gl at the tables, Mark

No comments: