Friday, February 01, 2008

Poker Affiliate Business - End Of Month Update

Jan was an exciting month for my growing poker affiliate business.

We launched Omaha Planet and have 3/4ths of a Hungarian site ready, should be up and running in 5 or 6 more days. A combination of a press release and some forurm links gave the Omaha site a nice start with traffic (other people posted the links - never do this myself!). Yet to get many hits from the search engines, but it is early days for that.

The scores for the month are 21 new real-money players and 7 software sales. This is good but not great - and I have set myself a personal challenge to sign a player each day for Feb.

Traffic to all of the sites is growing. The average of 120 a day here at Plan3t Gong is wonderful - thanks to all of you regular readers! SNG Planet is now averaging 350 a day (300 'unique') and also growing, while it is too early to read much into the Omaha Planet traffic.

Where possible I choose revenue share with the poker rooms promoted through the various sites, rather than a 1-off payment. This actually means I want those players to win! This fits in well with the 'quality strategy' ethos behind the sites... if we can turn players into winners then we both benefit!

A real change happened this month that was triggered by a post from a fellow affiliate on the PAP forum. It concerned how the 'names' in the 'make money online' niche would probably beat poker affiliates hands down when it came to 'copy' - that is writing which convinces people to take action.

This was just too true for my taste.

So, I took some action.

Each day for the last couple of weeks I have been learning a little more about copywriting. Some real masters out there to be learned from and some fantastic nuggets of information too.

Of course, there is little point learning if you are not going to take the action to implement what you learn...

This has increased my workload still further with re-writes of many of the 'key' articles at SNG Planet... the hope is that this increases visitors enjoyment of the site still further - we will see. Plan to do a 'copywriting 101' post here on Plan3t Gong as part of my mid-month business update.

Next plan (after the Hungarian site) is a new blog that will focus on news of online poker pros.

If anyone would like to find out more about the poker affiliate business then feel free to drop me a comment with any questions.

GL at the tables, Mark

Copyright 2008 - Online Poker Blog - Plan3t Gong

3 comments:

Game101 said...

hey mark, I've been thinking about it and reading on the affilliate business. But it seems like a lot of work involved and i still want to play poker somewhat regularly.

You seem to be doing very well so far though and the sites are great.

GL.

Sean said...

Mark,
I've been reading your posts since July and P3G has quickly become my favorite poker blog. The reading I've done here has improved my game exponentially. I wish you success in the poker affiliate business, you deserve it. Keep up the good work and don't forget about the blog when the $$$ start rolling it!

Mark said...

Thanks for the kind words... cheered up my Saturday morning!

Plan3t Gong will stay whatever happens with the business - this blog is primarily for pleasure. enjoy writing the posts and (more importantly) challenging people to think about their poker games.

Cheers, Mark