Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Joy of Variance - Some Positive Action

Variance... its horrible. Despite my best efforts this month my bankroll has taken a hit to the tune of some $400 this month... started off playing just fine - no bad beat stories here on Plan3t gong but it has certainly felt like everything that could go wrong has done! Did not seem to matter whether I was 60/40 70/30 or even 80/20 favorite when the chips went in - actually recall a couple of 90/10%ers after the flop too!!

Never mind - it happens to us all. What differentiates people is the ability to take action!!! After noticing that my game was getting tight / passive as a result I have decided on the following elaborate plan.

To stop playing.

Only for a few days though.

Oh, and I will still be thinking.

And still posting here.

And learning from forums / articles / books and any other sources of information.

In fact the only change at all will be to not play - simple but brilliant. Variance is a fact of life for us poker players - I refuse to let it get me down, after all each of those beats had the potential to get me into a good situation to go deep in an MTT or win a nice SNG prize!

Will use the time to catch up with some part #2's here at Plan3t Gong - 'checking through' while at the bubble springs to mind, have a feeling there are a couple of others too.

GL at the tables,

Mark

2 comments:

Scott said...

hey mark,
Thanks for the comment I am going to be posting soon... I have not given up and am grinding out $5 SnG's and when I win enough profit for two 16 DS for the $650 I play them the last two I played did not fill up and I ended out on the bubble of the final table both times. Both times it was KK vs AXs.

Brian said...

I was looking for other poker strategy based blogs and found this one, good stuff. You might want to check out my blog at www.donkeydevastation.com for SNG and short stack strategy. Thanks.