Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Calling All Poker Bloggers...

Mentioned a few days back that I am collaborating on a new website aimed at SNG Strategy (along with Satellites and MTTs...). Well, as a big fan of Poker Blogs, I've decided to have a section of the site dedicated to this topic...

Now, it would be easy just to have a poker blogroll but thats old hat these days, the idea is to make it a little more interesting - here is the idea...

Twice(ish) a week we'd like to have a "Blogger XYZ's Blogs of Note" (Blogger XYZ being you!) article. The idea is to get some bloggers to put together a list of 3 or 4 blogs that you regularly read and write a few words on them. In return you'll get a space at the top to write a small paragraph on your own blog (can include a picture / icon etc too).... I could write some kind words about your blog instead if self-publicity is not your style.

The real concept here is to provide something with more value than a simple blogroll - and to promote poker-blogging in general... sure I have a vested interest here! (Actually Plan3t Gong poker should not be included in anyones list, I'm more than willing to publicise myself on the new site!!!)

So - anyone up for it? We have an advertising budget set aside so hopefully this will bring you and the blogs you note some nice traffic over time. Send me an e-mail titled "I'll give it a bash!" to Q351@yahoo.co.uk and I will send you the link to the site (it's under construction right now and looks scruffy but you will see the idea).

EDIT (Slightly later on!): Thinking about it there is no real reason you need to have a blog to do this, if you are a fan of pokerblogs and would like to be involved then send me your top 3-5!

For Poker Bloggers #2...

I'm sure many of you bloggers already have this but just in case I wanted to give a shout about Google Analytics. This is a free tool that lets you track visitors to your blog, it shows where they come from geographically, which site (or blog) referred them and which keyword searches got people to your blog...

It is very simple, you sign up for a tracker at http://www.google.com/analytics , put it in the HTML/Java thingy of your blog's template and then log on now and again to have a nose at who / where your visitors are.

Back to writing for Blog readers tomorrow!

Cheers, Mark

1 comment:

Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Great idea. I'll give it a bash. (Will email.)