Thursday, December 14, 2006

How can *you* become a better player?

Does this sound familiar? You are not unhappy with your play per se, you make a decent return on your money in whichever game(s) you play, you improve incrementally each week, month and year.... Yet you look at the *really* successful people, those people who have gone from grinding out their dollars at low limits to being professionals, or cashing a WSOP / WPT even and think - what have they got that I have not??!?

My thoughts are that these individuals are no different from you and me, on average no 'smarter' or naturally talented. The door is open for every single one of us to become the next Ben Grundy, Johnny Bax or Chris Moneymaker.

Over the next couple of weeks I will be posting thoughts and questions on this subject - if you would like to join in the debate please feel free to drop a comment or send me a mail (mail address now in my profile).

Cheers, Mark

No comments: